Tuesday 4 August 2009

FINALLY IT's UP!!





Well after much sweat and tears, and a whole lotta pulling and tugging the exhibition is up, and yuh know what..., it looks pretty damn good for a first timer's exhibit if i do say so myself. Un-tutored in photography, most of what i have learnt has been hands on; and I'm proud to say my life experiances have been good teachers. It's evident in the body of work. HELL YEAH i'm blowing my own horn. I worked hard for this! WHy shouldn't i!! But in all of this i have to give mention as well to the wonderful men and women who have posed for me. Unerringly they have listened, posed, pouted, preened and prattled while allowing me to capture the amazing moments our sharing has brought. From Kathy in Claudia Pegus designs on the isle of MUSTIQUE to Zim Lelo styled by Haiden Medina in Carnaby St in LONDON.

And i couldn't have done it without support. MAN!! I have good friends, (and to be truthful and perhaps RAW, great FUCKBUDDIES as well)

Truth is all my peeps pulled out the stops to help me make this happen. Special Special Thanks to Charlie Pi, ROI, Ian, Paul, Mike, Denise and ever at the back of my mind TERRY BISHOP. You showed me how king! And you're showing me still. (how to keep my tongue in my head most times LOL)

The outpouring of support has been one of the best bits of this entire experience. Outdone only by the feeling of awe at seeing my 'BLUEBOY' image printed and mounted for the first time. Photographed many, many years ago on the streets of Woodbrook. I was driving along with Sheldon Seebarran and spotted a guy on the street who literally then and there upon being asked agreed to pose for this and a series of images which developed into what is now the J'Ouvert Section of the exhibition. I know, how cool is that. That you could stop a car, explain a situation and get someone to agree to pose for you. All in less than 5 mins.

But i'm rambling. Truth is though that is what this exhibition has allowed me to do in a lotta way. Go over past work, revisit great memories and in so doing reclaim a part of self that had been lost. Re-juvenate as it were. and for that my spirit is grateful.

I hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoyed photographing it.
See you guys.
blackˈmanˌkīnd the EXHIBITION IS HUNG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog for