Wednesday 12 August 2009

HAVANNA OX



Hey peeps. Been missing in action for a few days, but i've been holed up in the crypt with the exhibition, and wouldn't you know it..., NO WI-FI!! None in the area i could tap into and the Church above while part of this century has only reached as far as dial up access. So i've had early days and really late nights. But it's all good.
Gonna have a few days off in a couple of days and i'll bring you all up to date then.
But I wanted to take a minute to talk about SERENDIPITY. This is always the muse of Charlie Pi, and i somehow wonder if she hasn't been looking over my shoulder as well. Of all the images i decided to put into the exhibition the one that I am getting the most request for prints for is the one that i almost didn't put in.
I named it "Havanna Ox", it features a model who goes only under the name of 'X'. I photographed him outside a cigar shop in Trinidad in 2000,
in clothing done by one of my favorite designers Claudia Pegus.

Her work features heavily in this exhibition not only because of it's rich beauty and colour, but also because she was one of the first designers to see my talent and offer me the chance to work with her. I still thank her for what she has taught me to this day. It seems almost fitting that at my first exhibition an image of someone in her clothing should draw the most interest.
Thanks again 'X' and much thanks to one of the best designers I ever had the privilege to work with, CP.

And what about those pesky three "censored" images. LOL.
Well like I said they were the first to go. Literally the first ones requested for reprint.
Serendipity at her BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog for